글로벌리더스쿨은 창의력을 바탕으로 인재를 양성합니다!

(영어 에세이) JeJu Island - 최서연

페이지 정보

profile_image
작성자 관리자
댓글 0건 조회 2,872회 작성일 16-07-21 11:25

본문

(영어 에세이) JeJu Island - 최서연

Jeju Island<?xml:namespace prefix = "o" ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Julie

Hello everyone, My name is Julie. I will be talking about Jeju -Special Self-Governing Province. I'd like to start this speech about Jejuisland.

Firstly, I will explain the geography of Jeju Island. Jeju Island is a volcanic island, that was made by a volcanic eruption. The parasitic volcano, Jusangjeolli Cliff , lava tube, and basalt area shows the geography of Jeju Island well. Parasitic volcanoes are big and small volcanoes, which stick to other volcanoes. The parasitic volcano of Mount Halla is called 'oreum' in the Jeju Korean dialect. Gimnyeong Cave is well known because it was made by an eruption of a volcano. The basalt zone permeated into the ground very well. Therefore, it is difficult for rivers to form. 

Next, Jeju Island is split into two main cities, Jeju City and Seoguipo City. Seoguipo City is known for many beaches with clear and clean waters. Seoguipo City is filled more with history, too. There are many tourists in Seoguipo City because of these reasons. Jeju City is largest part of island and is the island's most important city and serves as the capital city of Jeju Province.

The second thing that I want to tell you about is the
weather and climate of Jeju. The special thing about Jeju is that it has a lot of rain and fog. Another interesting thing aboutJeju is that the northern and southern parts of Mount Halla have many different kinds of weather. Mount Halla protects the cold northwestern winds, and Seoguipo City is warmer than Jeju City. The amount of rain in Seoguipo is more than Jeju City's rainfall. The average annual rainfall of Seoguipo is the highest rainfall average in our country. Also on Jeju Island it is very windy.

Next is the industry of Jeju Island. Jeju has a difficult topography to make rice paddies, so it usually has many unflooded fields. In Jeju, many cheonhaeyangs,

hanrabongs and tangerines are produced. Jeju City, Seoguipo City, Hanlim City and Seongsanpo City are major fishing bases. Only a few female divers do activities in these coastal fisheries. They usually collect abalone and conch, but nowadays there are only a few female divers left.

Lastly, I will talk about Jeju's tourist spots. Some famous tourist attractions are: Mount Halla, Seongeup Traditional Village and SungsanIlchul Bong. Mount Halla is in the middle of JejuIsland, that is surrounded by the sea. Mount Halla is registered as a UNESCO Natural Heritage site, and is the highest mountain in Jeju and

also in all of South Korea. There is a legend about Baengnokdam Lake that includes a white deer that came down and drinks fresh water and also another legend of a fairy that comes to play, too. There are big differences in temperature depending on the height of Mount Halla, so there are many varieties of plants living there.

Next one of the famous tourist attractions is the Seongeup Traditional Village. This place shows us an image of Jeju Island about 500 years ago. It shows the town's history and traditions that have been handed over for a long time as well as a symbol of Jeju. One of the famous symbols that are almost everywhere in Jeju is the

Dolharbang it became a guard of the house that would stand in front of the gateway. This place was also used in a drama, using the town itself and not building a new set. This shows that the town hasn't been changed and it has stayed the same. 

Another famous attraction includes Seongsanllchull Bong. It is located within a few minutes from our school. About 10,000 years ago Seongsanllchull Bong was believed to be created from the remains of a volcano explosion. The scenery from the peak of Seongsanllchull Bong is the best spot to view the sunrise. In SungsanIlchull Bong we can see the pretty blue sea and

it is admirable for all people that see this sight.

So now I will finish my presentation, and thanks for listening to my speech.

첨부파일

댓글목록

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.

Total 971건 13 페이지
  • RSS

검색